2.22.2013

A Beginning

Six years ago this month, I was accepted to graduate school in the East. I packed my belongings and journeyed across the country, ready to break with the past and begin my future anew. Building a new life stretched and enriched my soul, and I was healed in ever so many ways.

Home is something of a strange concept for me. I feel that I have many homes, and DC is certainly a  home to me. Leaving one of my homes is always excruciating.

Our apartment is half hollow now: furniture sold, keepsakes boxed, pictures wrapped, and walls wiped clean. We will pick and sort through our East coast lives for another week yet, and then we will together pack our belongings and journey across the country. This leaving has not been-- nor will it ever be--easy. But, we press forward. We will return to the West. And we will begin again.

4 comments:

  1. It's no international vacation, but it will certainly be a trip! Enjoy the simplicity of living out of suitcases until you're settled finally. Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finally catching up on your blog...congrats on moving! Where to? We wish we were moving west again, but not for a few more years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started my tri-annual blog reading of every one I know that has a blog (good thing to do on a Sunday at 11p) and what do I behold? You have started yet a different blog! You are one hard lady to keep track of! (I know that wasn't proper grammar, forgive me.)
    A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember how it's been nearly 4 years since you wrote?! How is a sister-in-law supposed to creep on your family without more frequent pictures and prose??

    ReplyDelete