Rubbish tonsils. They've been causing David problems since before we were married, and on Wednesday, they were finally excised from his body. He's been a trooper during his recovery thus far, writing me oxycodone-induced poems and doing his best to stay put.
We crammed as much excitement into the weeks preceding the surgery as we could, including an impromptu jaunt to Annapolis. Oh, what's that? Did I remember to make David take a blurry camera picture while we were there? Why, yes I did.
![]() |
| "[I'm] getting better all the ti-i-iiime!" |
I also got to explore Gettysburg with Kari, who is officially the world's greatest mother-in-law. I did not take any pictures. (I'm a work in progress.)
Anyway, tonsils. David is enjoying unfettered access to ice cream, and I am enjoying the fact that he will never have tonsillitis again. Good news all around.

In my mind's eye, I see him scribbling away at poetry while in a drug-induced state. Like a modern day Samuel Coleridge, one might say.
ReplyDeleteExactly so, Stacy. The other day, he said, "I totally get why artists take opiates now."
ReplyDeleteOh that is bad news and good news all at the same time! I hope he gets better quickly and has NO MORE sore throats!!!! Love to you both!
ReplyDeletehere's to a speedy recovery. and I'm so, so pleased you remembered to take a pic!! it's cute. keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteHope David continues to heal well and rest (while watching lots of West Wing of course). Glad you got to get out in the beautiful fall weather before your nursing duties began.
ReplyDeleteWendy and David, you guys are awesome! Hope all the the sickness is behind you!
@Stacy I love the Coleridge reference :)
way to get your tonsils out, David. you guys look SO cute...we miss you! Keep those pics comin'. Seriously love seeing your faces.
ReplyDelete